Services > Noise Surveys
Precision Acoustics have fully Qualified Noise Officers ready to assist you to understand the Noise Levels in your workplace.
WHY CHECK NOISE LEVELS?
Safety is paramount in the workplace. It is common to use PPE including Safety Boots and Glasses as protection from physical harm.
Noise too has the potential to cause damage to employees. As it is unseen and unable to be measured without the proper training and equipment, it is often ignored or overlooked.
IS MY WORKPLACE SAFE?
We carry out noise surveys promptly and produce detailed reports in conformance with Resources Safety Guidelines and Worksafe complying with Australian Standards that will help you:
- Evaluate levels of noise your staff are exposed to
- Identify noise sources
- Select correct hearing protection
- Apply noise reduction techniques
- Understand requirements under Legislation and Australian Standards
- Implement a Noise Management Program
We carry our Noise Surveys in any industry including small family businesses, industrial sites, fabrication, building sites, warehousing or transport hubs, the mining sector, Oil and Gas.
Action levels for noise in the workplace are as follows:
- Worksafe - eight hr equivalent of 85dB (A) and a peak level of 140dB (C)
- Department of Mines Industry Regulation & Safety - eight hr equivalent of 85dB (A) and a peak level of 140dB (Lin)
- Commonwealth Departments - eight hr equivalent of 85dB (A) and a peak level of 140dB (C)
- WorkCover testing required at - 90 dB (A) for an eight hr day
Any workplace that has levels above these is required by law to address the issue.